Carolina Bank is a growing financial institute serving South Carolina’s Northeast corner. Founded in 1936, the bank is continually adapting to the ever-changing needs of the people it serves, along with changes in security and technology. With a commitment to the communities it serves, Carolina Bank has invested heavily in the redevelopment of local towns. In Florence, SC the bank played a large role, funding many redevelopment projects in and around the downtown area of West Evans Street. With the city of Florence experiencing and actively pursuing growth, the bank found it a natural fit for their desired headquarters building.
The team began efforts to preserve the building as a historic place. However, after one year of countless roadblocks associated with rebuilding the third floor, efforts to be recognized were abandoned in favor of returning the building to its original character. Construction began in 2017 and was completed at the end of the following year. Work included gutting the existing 12,400 sf. building back to its essential structure, adding a 6,000 sf. third floor, up-fitting the building to meet current and unforeseen needs, and furnishing it.